meta Skip to main content

Restaurant Insurance

From fast food to fine dining, if you serve food then you need restaurant insurance. Restaurants are exposed to a wide variety of risks and are vulnerable to lawsuits as a result. From slip and falls to kitchen fires, things happen and proper coverage will help ensure the continued success of your business.

Our team is experienced in crafting policies to fit all types of restaurants including:

  • “Traditional” Restaurants
  • Bars & Taverns
  • Cafés & Coffee Shops
  • Diners & Delis
  • Fast Food
  • Food Trucks
  • And more

Key Coverages for Restaurants

Restaurant Insurance BOP
Business Owner's Policy

A Business Owner’s Policy (BOP) combines common business coverages (General Liability and Property Insurance) into one convenient policy. It’s a great fit for many restaurants, especially those just starting out and provides the flexibility to add additional coverages based on your needs.

General Liability
General Liability

Often referred to as business liability, general liability protects businesses from general claims that arise out of normal day to day operations. Coverage is considered 3rd party, meaning it protects against injuries and property damage to others. For example, if a customer falls and is injured in your establishment.

Restaurant Insurance Property
Business Property

Business Property also referred to as Commercial Property Insurance and Business Personal Property Insurance, as the name implies, covers the physical location, equipment and contents of your restaurant such as your kitchen equipment and furniture.

Business Income

Business Interruption is often included in a BOP or can be added. It helps pay your bills, expenses and employees in the event your business is forced to temporarily close due to a covered loss. For example, if a fire damages your kitchen and you are forced to close during repairs.

Food Truck Insurance
Commercial Auto

Your restaurant will need auto insurance if you own or lease vehicles or if your restaurant is a vehicle! Food trucks and ice cream trucks are vehicles too after all!

Workers Compensation
Workers Compensation

Workers Comp provides benefits to your employees if they get injured on the job or become ill from their job. If you have employees, Workers Comp is required by law in just about every state, though the details may vary.

Liquor Liability Insurance
Liquor Liability

If you provide alcohol to the public then you will need liquor liability. This coverage helps protect your business if an intoxicated patron causes harm or damage after your restaurant served them alcohol.